When data is the bread and butter of your investor relations strategy, data analysis is a non-negotiable task required of any IR professional today.
The recent digital acceleration of capital markets can make this job simultaneously easier and harder than ever before. Thanks to the ongoing growth of virtual engagements, your team has more data at its disposal. But the sheer volume of data you’re collecting every day can be overwhelming to synthesize, let alone interpret.
Your team most likely belongs in the second camp if you’re working with old or siloed technology. Upgrading this tech to an end-to-end engagement analytics platform consolidates data in one space, making it easier to extract poignant insights about your shareholders.
What is Engagement Analytics?
While it shares a similar name to data analytics, an arm of data science, engagement analytics refers to something more specific for the investor relations industry.
It describes specialized software that collects data from across your entire IR platform, including human interactions, online behavior, and digital phenomena. It then cleans, synthesizes, and analyzes this data so that you can identify patterns, trends, and even outliers.
One of the many benefits of engagement analytics is that it consolidates this process within a single application. This way, you aren’t juggling analogue files with several digital applications. You can click through vast data systems without ever leaving the platform, jumping from CRM information to capital markets events numbers and IR website traffic.
4.Major Tasks Engagement Analytics Makes Easier
Talking in broad strokes, aggregating and analyzing large volumes of IR intelligence means you have the chance to make informed predictions about future behavior. This knowledge makes the following tasks easier for you and your team:
- Reporting: A sophisticated analytics platform measures your investor relations strategy’s vital signs. You’ll be able to track the success of new launches and old content alike by reviewing how visitors engage with your ESG and IR website. Not only will this make it easier to report your KPIs to your C-Suite, but it will also help you gauge the impact of your IR narrative.
- Outreach: Seeing how investors interact with your online content and capital markets events gives you a better understanding of shareholder attitudes and behaviors. You’ll have a better idea of when to target new investors and contact existing shareholders to drive engagements. You’ll also be able to spot potential activist behavior and meme traders eyeing your stock, giving your team more time to prepare for such a possibility.
- Organization: A holistic, end-to-end platform means everything you need to make informed decisions can be found on one application. With essential information aggregated in one place, you can cut ties with clunky, siloed tech that complicate data analysis and disrupt workflow.
- Monitoring: The ability to synthesize and analyze data sets from various sources means you have the perfect monitoring device at your fingertips.
- Trends: You can easily identify patterns in your stock prices and the market at large. Better yet, you can see how investor behavior fits into these trends.
Expansive datasets don’t always give you the advantage you expect if you can’t crunch the numbers. Engagement analytics helps you synthesize and analyze vast information so that you can extract actionable insights into action.