Mark your calendars for November 28 through December 2, 2022 to attend AWS re:Invent in Las Vegas – a learning conference hosted by AWS for the global cloud computing community.
To maximize the value of your data, you need to act upon it in real time, instead of waiting for hours, days, or week. AWS streaming data services offer unmatched, end to end capabilities to build real-time streaming data pipelines and applications to maximize the value of your data and act upon it in real time. You can leverage Kinesis Data Streams, Kinesis Video Streams and Amazon Managed Streaming for Apache Kafka (MSK) to collect and store data streams at scale; Kinesis Data Firehose to load real-time streams into data lakes, warehouses, and analytics services; and Kinesis Data Analytics to analyze streaming data in real time using Apache Flink. With streaming data architectures, customers can analyze data as soon as it is produced, get timely insights and make real-time decisions to capitalize on opportunities, enhance customer experiences, prevent networking failures, or update critical business metrics in real-time, just to name a few. This post walks you through the key sessions on streaming data and analytics that you cannot miss this year at reInvent to help you plan your conference week accordingly.
To access the session catalog and reserve your seat for one of our streaming data and analytics sessions, you must be registered for re:Invent. Register now!
Keynotes and leadership sessions you cannot miss!
Speakers have always been a key piece of the re:Invent puzzle. This year is no different, and you’ll have the chance to hear from some of the leading voices at AWS.
Adam Selipsky, Chief Executive Officer of Amazon Web Services – Keynote
Tuesday November 29 | 8:30 AM – 10:30 AM PST | The Venetian
Join Adam Selipsky, CEO of Amazon Web Services, as he looks at the ways that forward-thinking builders are transforming industries and even our future, powered by AWS. He highlights innovations in data, infrastructure, security, and more that are helping customers achieve their goals faster, take advantage of untapped potential, and create a better future with AWS.
Swami Sivasubramanian, Vice President of AWS Data and Machine Learning – Keynote
Wednesday November 30 | 8:30 AM – 10:30 AM PST | The Venetian
Join Swami Sivasubramanian, Vice President of AWS Data and Machine Learning, as he unveils some of the latest AWS innovations, designed to help you transform data into meaningful insights. Hear from leading AWS customers who are using data to bring new experiences to life for their customers.
AWS storage innovations at exabyte scale – Leadership session
Tuesday November 29 | 11:00 – 12:00 PM PST | The Venetian
Data is the change agent driving digital transformation. In this session, Mai-Lan Tomsen Bukovec, AWS Tech VP, and Andy Warfield, AWS Distinguished Engineer, share the latest AWS storage innovations and an inside look at how customers drive modern business on data lakes and with high-performance data.
Unlock the value of your data with AWS analytics – Leadership session
Wednesday November 30 | 2:30 – 3:30 PM PST | The Venetian
Data fuels digital transformation and drives effective business decisions. In this session, G2 Krishnamoorthy, VP of AWS Analytics, addresses the current state of analytics on AWS, covers the latest service innovations around data, and highlights customer successes with AWS analytics.
Join our customer sessions to learn first-hand how other organizations are maximizing the value of their data with real-time streaming data architectures, enabling them to untap new business opportunities, enhance processes, and deliver delightful customer experiences.
- How Riot Games processes 20 TB of analytics data daily on AWS – Riot Games ingests about 20 TB of data every day on AWS. This data powers a wide range of services, including game matchmaking, in-game personalization, analytics, security, and player behavior management. Join this session to learn how Riot Games transformed their data ingestion pipeline to query data from 6 hours after it was produced down to just 5 minutes. Reserve your seat now!
- How Samsung modernized architecture for real-time analytics – In this session, Samsung SmartThings shares how they modernized their streaming data analytics architecture for real-time analytics. Originally, Samsung developers spent most of their time managing infrastructure. After migrating to Amazon Kinesis Data Analytics, developers were able to focus on delivering business value without needing to worry about infrastructure management. Reserve your seat now!
- Leveling up computer vision and artificial intelligence development – Seeing is believing, and Kami Vision is proof! In this session, Kami Vision speaks to how they utilized Amazon Kinesis Video Streams to do the undifferentiated video lifting so that they could develop KamiCare fall detection—an accurate way to monitor if a person has fallen to the floor and cannot get up. Reserve your seat now!
- How Sony Orchard accelerated innovation with Amazon MSK – The Orchard, a subsidiary of Sony Music Entertainment, built a high-performing data synchronization solution using Amazon Managed Streaming for Apache Kafka (Amazon MSK). Learn how their data synchronization and search capabilities improved using this solution. Reserve your seat now!
- How Poshmark accelerates growth via real-time analytics & personalization – Find out how Poshmark designed real-time personalization using real-time event capture to deliver tailored customer experiences, reduce security risks, and enable end-users to more confidently interact with the Poshmark app. Reserve your seat now!
- Building and operating at scale with feature management (sponsored by LaunchDarkly) – LaunchDarkly customers deliver software applications that support millions of end-users at any given time. They rely on LaunchDarkly to launch, control, and measure those applications in real time without negative customer impact. In this session, we’ll discuss key architecture decisions and LaunchDarkly best practices. Reserve your seat now!
AWS re:Invent breakout sessions are lecture-style and one hour long. These sessions take place across the re:Invent campus and cover all topics at all levels.
- What’s new in AWS streaming – Streaming data and analytics help your business make real-time contextual decisions, deliver personalized customer experiences, and untap new opportunities in real time. Join us to find out about the latest innovations in the AWS streaming portfolio. Reserve your seat now!
- Build a managed analytics platform for your ecommerce business – With the increase in popularity of online shopping, building an analytics platform for ecommerce is important for any organization because it provides insights about the business, trends, and customer behavior. Join us to learn how to build a complete analytics platform in batch and real-time mode. Reserve your seat now!
- Publishing real-time financial data feeds using Kafka – This session describes how to offer a real-time financial data feed as a service on AWS. With Amazon MSK, you can use Kafka to allow your customers to subscribe to message topics containing the financial data of interest. We will cover connectivity best practices for scalability, security options for a secure architecture, and lessons learned from customers that are using AWS to distribute financial data on AWS. Reserve your seat now!
- Interact with streaming data using Amazon Kinesis Data Analytics Studio – Join us in this theater session to learn how analyzing streaming data provides the timely, actionable insights a business needs to grow. Reserve your seat now!
Chalk talks are a highly interactive content format with a small audience. Each begins with a short lecture delivered by an AWS expert followed by a Q&A session with the audience.
- Modern data exchange using AWS data streaming – We’ll explore how different systems sync low-latency data changes using Apache Hudi backed by Amazon Simple Storage Service (Amazon S3) in a data mesh architecture. This modern architecture allows developers to build streaming jobs that read, join, and aggregate data from multiple datasets and sync data changes to downstream data stores. Reserve your seat now!
- Build a serverless streaming workload with Amazon Kinesis – Collecting, processing, and analyzing streaming data is easy with Amazon Kinesis services. Make plans for this chalk talk that will take your streaming capabilities to the next level. Reserve your seat now!
Workshops are two-hour hands-on sessions where you work in teams to solve problems using AWS services. Workshops organize attendees into small groups and provide scenarios to encourage interaction, giving you the opportunity to learn from and teach each other. Don’t forget to bring your laptop!
- Building a serverless Apache Kafka data pipeline – Serverless means “focus on what matters”! In this workshop, we’ll show how you can build a serverless data pipeline using Amazon MSK Serverless, deploy a Kafka client container-based AWS Lambda function, and much more! Reserve your seat now!
- Event detection with Amazon MSK and Amazon Kinesis Data Analytics – When in Las Vegas, you do as Las Vegans do! In this workshop, you’ll see how casinos use Amazon MSK, Amazon Kinesis Data Analytics Studio, and AWS Lambda to enhance customer experiences. Reserve your seat now!
- Build smart camera applications using Amazon Kinesis Video Streams WebRTC – Amazon Kinesis Video Streams WebRTC helps users to easily build low-latency video solutions such as smart doorbells, connected vehicles, surveillance cameras, and more. Join this workshop for hands-on experience building a complete real-world video solution, including setting up a device with a camera to transmit video. Reserve your seat now!
Fun, fun, and more fun!
All work and no play … not at re:Invent! Sure, we’ll work hard and learn a lot, but we also plan to have a great time while we’re together. Our gamified learning sessions will give you real-life learning opportunities through interactive events that promise to be fun and entertaining!
The fun continues with AWS Builder Labs, where you’ll have the opportunity to test your skills in sandbox settings while working alongside some of the leading minds from AWS!
And don’t forget to visit the Analytics kiosk within the AWS Village to meet with experts to dive deeper into AWS streaming data services such as Kinesis Data Streams, Kinesis Data Firehose, Kinesis Data Analytics and Amazon MSK. You will be able to ask our experts questions and experience live demos for our newly launched capabilities. Make sure to stop by the swag distribution table to grab free Analytics swag if you have attended either the Analytics kiosk or one of our breakout sessions, chalk talks, or workshops.
Keep your eyes on this post for more updates and exciting news. It’s going to be a simply amazing event and we can’t wait to see you at re:Invent 2022, the world’s premier tech event! Register now to secure your spot!
About the author
Anna Montalat is a Senior Product Marketing Manager for AWS streaming data services which includes Amazon Managed Streaming for Apache Kafka (MSK), Kinesis Data Streams, Kinesis Video Streams, Kinesis Data Firehose, and Kinesis Data Analytics. She is passionate about bringing new and emerging technologies to market, working closely with service teams and enterprise customers. Outside of work, Anna skis through winter time and sails through summer.