Digital marketing today is more like a race to the finish line. You have to use strategies like SEO link building services, social media promotions, white hat link building, and other digital marketing strategies. Boosting your website’s online presence is the main objective of doing digital marketing.
For your digital marketing strategy to work, it must start with an actionable plan. This will ensure that you have an advantage against competitors without a solid plan.
We’ll guide you through the 7 steps to create a successful digital marketing strategy for your website. Whether your website is new or not, this guide will help you rank your website higher on search engines.
Why do you need a digital marketing strategy?
A good digital marketing strategy nets you more audience for your website. Also, the audience you will find is not just any audience. You can reach your target audience if you have a working digital marketing strategy.
Having a good plan for your digital marketing also allows you to have a backup plan in case something goes wrong. Also, a good digital marketing strategy will guide your target audience down the sales funnel. It’s easier to convert new visitors to sales with an effective digital marketing strategy.
Digital marketing strategies: 7 steps
An actionable plan for digital marketing is important to identify your goals, strategies, and metrics. Digital marketing is more organized when you have a step-by-step procedure to follow.
1. Start with a plan
The first thing to do when starting a digital marketing strategy is to make an actionable plan. Good planning leads to an effective digital marketing strategy.
Plan your strategy from start to finish. Through digital marketing, you should be able to guide new visitors to the selling page. Here’s an example of an actionable digital marketing plan:
- Optimize your website’s images and SEO. A slow website will immediately cause new visitors to leave and never come back.
- Know your target audience. If you’re aimlessly making your digital marketing strategy, it won’t reach the right audience.
- Promote content through different social media channels and niche websites. Focus on channels where you can reach your target audience.
- Pursue content marketing to establish your brand in your niche. You can include making viral content to reach more people.
- List down the metrics needed to gauge if your digital marketing strategies are effective.
When you have a properly laid out plan, you will know if your digital marketing strategies are working. You can explain your goals and marketing initiatives to colleagues easier when you have a plan on hand.
2. Get help from SEO link building services for quality links
We’ll say this ahead of time; white hat link building will take up a considerable amount of time if you do it alone. If you focus on this strategy, you won’t have enough time to accomplish other aspects of digital marketing.
White hat link building uses both link building and SEO to get high-quality backlinks. Here’s the catch:
- More backlinks do not mean that your website will rank first on search engines. There are more factors in play when it comes to search engine results page (SERP) rankings.
- Some backlinks are detrimental instead of increasing your rank on SERP.
- White hat link building brings only relevant and high-quality backlinks to your site. Even though you’re getting fewer backlinks in terms of quantity, the quality of the links will bring more benefits to your website.
Professional link builders are more knowledgeable when building relevant backlinks. Since they’re doing this as a team, you’ll get the backlinks you need in no time. You only have to choose the right SEO link building services to aid you in building quality backlinks.
3. Identify the demographics of your ideal audience
For a more directed approach to digital marketing, you have to know the demographics of your ideal audience. Listed below are the key factors you need to find out:
- Income margin
- Employment status (employed/unemployed)
You can also go deeper into your audience’s minds by targeting their psychographics. This determines how the audience will react to your strategies. Knowing the psychographics will allow your strategies to relate to the audience on a more personal level.
4. Fix your website using SEO
Website SEO (search engine optimization) enables you to optimize your website for better search engine performance. You don’t have to be an expert right off the bat. With the right SEO skills, you can audit your website and find out what’s wrong.
The primary goal of fixing your website using SEO tactics is to improve user experience. Here are the SEO factors that you need to look for:
- Your website should be indexable. If you want your target audience to find your website, you must first ensure that your website can be indexed by search engines. A website that cannot be indexed and crawled by search engines will not reach the SERP.
- Your website’s page loading speed should be fast. A website that takes a long time to load will make your target audience leave.
- Optimize images for mobile. Images should not slow down your landing page. Also, images should be mobile-friendly for audiences using mobile devices.
- On-page SEO and content must be optimized. This includes heading keywords, alt texts, meta descriptions, and page titles. This will also improve your rank on search engines.
5. Make content that’s relatable to your target audience
Content is king; no question about that. However, if it’s not relatable to your target audience, it’s no use. Along with making high-quality content, make sure your content is useful for your target audience. How?
First, you have to consider who you are writing to. Is your content for sales promotion? Is it for an informative blog? Or maybe for brand promotion? Your content should be aligned with your goal.
The next thing to do is to know what age group you are targeting. If your audience pool consists of a majority of youngsters, short-form content can be effective. Otherwise, your content should be more appealing to older professionals.
6. Promote your content on the right social media channels
Since you’re done getting the demographics of your ideal audience, you already know what social media channels to target. They can be on LinkedIn, Instagram, TikTok, Facebook, or YouTube. But don’t neglect other social media platforms if you want to maximize your audience reach.
If you have no idea what to do about this, consult SEO link building services to know what social media channels to use. You can also find the channels if you look for the sources of user engagements.
7. Use the right metrics to gauge your digital marketing strategies
Without the right SEO metrics, you cannot measure if your digital marketing strategies are going according to plan. Failure to track it means that you cannot manage it.
If your goal is to increase engagements, you have to check if your posts are getting enough engagements. You can use SEO tools for this matter. With the right SEO tracking tools, you can track the right metrics for your website’s improvement.
Avoid these 5 things when doing digital marketing
- Undefined and confusing objectives. Your objective for your digital marketing strategy should be clear right off the bat. Without a clear objective in mind, your digital marketing strategy is half-baked no matter how good it is.
- Forgetting about optimizing for mobile SEO. If you fail to optimize this, you’re not reaching the target audience using mobile devices. Make sure to maximize your audience reach.
- Reaching to all types of audiences. When you have a niche-specific website, it’s not helping if you reach out to all types of audiences. You will end up with less user engagement and more people leaving your website. This can affect your digital marketing’s success. Know your target audience and focus your strategies on them.
- Not monitoring the conversion of visitors to sales. Your organic traffic may be high; that’s good. But if these website visitors don’t reach the end of your sales funnel, there is something wrong. Make a Customer Journey Map to know where the customers end their journeys.
- Neglecting email marketing because it’s slow. It may be slow, but it’s a sure way to let your target audience know about your brand. You are also establishing a close connection with your email subscribers when you do email marketing. You can also get new opportunities for white hat link building from niche websites.
Get started with your digital marketing strategy today!
It may look too huge for your website, but digital marketing is necessary if you want your website to grow. The right time to start is now. If you start early in digital marketing, you can expect great returns over time.
If you do digital marketing the right way, you will have an advantage over your competitors. Make sure to follow our guide above to create a successful digital marketing strategy. Good luck!