Today, we’re excited to announce that Databricks has expanded Brickbuilder Solutions by collaborating with key partners in Europe, the Middle East, and Africa (EMEA) to help companies across the globe migrate to the Databricks Lakehouse Platform. By combining the migration expertise of our partner ecosystem with the Databricks Lakehouse Platform, our expansion of the partner solutions to the region will help businesses migrate to a single modern platform to handle all their data, analytics and AI use cases.
Last year, Databricks announced Brickbuilder Solutions for Migrations helped organizations address migration-specific business requirements.* Designed by leading consulting companies and backed by their years of migration experience — and built on the Databricks Lakehouse Platform — Brickbuilder Solutions are designed to fit within any stage of a customers’ journey to reduce costs and accelerate time to value.
Let’s take a further look into our new Brickbuilder Solutions for migrations, developed by our partners in EMEA as well as those created by our large, global partners.
Adopt one single and simple platform with new migration solutions from our EMEA partners
Enterprises migrating from on-premises systems to a lakehouse platform can drive innovation with data and AI, centralize data governance and security, achieve best-in-class performance for all data workloads, and increase productivity gains and business value. To help you in this journey, Databricks has partnered with leading consulting partners in EMEA to make it easier and quicker for you to adopt a simple and open lakehouse architecture. These partners have completed hundreds of migrations from on-premises legacy systems to Databricks and are equipped to help you reduce the risks associated with complex migrations. Now, you can scale to meet your business’s changing needs without excess capacity or hardware upgrades.
- Moving data from one source system to another is difficult, especially if the two systems are from different vendors. DataSentics has developed the SAP Migration Accelerator, which can be used for onboarding new datasets and transforming them into business-required outcomes on their own even with little to no Apache SparkTM programming needed. The DataSentics SAP Migration Accelerator greatly simplifies the creation and management of business logic transformations by applying standard, but non-trivial transformations (for example, currency conversions and end-of-business day calculations), data quality rules, and enforcement.
- A partner who expanded its Databricks operations in EMEA is Impetus. The team at Impetus developed LeapLogic, to auto-transform legacy ETL, data warehouse, analytics and Hadoop workloads to a modern data infrastructure on Databricks. Impetus offers engineering services to accelerate, optimize, re-architect, and scale on Databricks. This eliminates unpredictable variables while transforming both legacy logic and code, bringing cloud benefits to businesses with more accuracy and less disruption. Now, your transformation to Databricks will happen faster, thanks to the analysis, automation, and validation of LeapLogic.
- To solve the challenge of moving legacy SAS code into the open-source world, T1A developed Alchemist, a SAS migration solution, to focus on overall SAS migration efficiency rather than just pure code-conversion coverage. First, it runs an exhaustive dependency network analysis to identify all interrelations and prioritize migration stages. Next, it employs Tree Pattern Matching and Templating to allow mixing in manually-optimized code with auto-generated ones, thus producing a highly readable and maintainable output, even for very complex dynamic SAS constructs. Finally, unlike other tools on the market, Alchemist utilizes SAS metadata for analysis and conversion, enabling things like precise column typing instead of code-based inferences.
- Many organizations struggle to realize true business value from their transition to the cloud when using lift-and-shift techniques. This results in a relatively low return on investment and reduces the impetus to accelerate the shift. Thorogood’s Migrate and Innovate solution follows a business-focused approach to migrate enterprise customer data estates. Leveraging the flexibility and ease of integration that the Databricks Lakehouse Platform provides, Thorogood ensures that business benefits are at the forefront of all technical activities.
DataSentics: Czech Republic
T1A: Germany, Czech Republic, Poland, Serbia
Migrate to the lakehouse to drive innovation with new solutions from our global partners
In addition to migration solutions developed by our partners in EMEA, we’d also like to highlight new Brickbuilder migration solutions from our global consulting partners.
- Accenture’s Cloud Data Migration helps you navigate any complexity, from building landing zones in the Cloud Continuum to regulating data sovereignty. Accenture works with you to determine the right cloud strategy, operating model, roadmap and additional ecosystem partners. They then help you accelerate migration and modernization to the cloud so that it is secure, cost-effective and agile. Accenture’s comprehensive cloud migration framework brings industrialized capabilities together with exclusive preconfigured, industry-specific tools, methods and automation across all cloud models and proven delivery methods.
- Migrations are often perceived as complex, risky and costly undertakings. To help you overcome these fears and create simpler, smoother migrations, EPAM has developed a Smart Migration to Databricks solution that includes a Data Cloud Migration and Cloud Data Factory frameworks. With EPAM’s AI-powered Smart Migration solution, you can determine an optimal migration and modernization strategy, establish metadata-driven governance processes, and accelerate your migration efforts while ensuring data quality. With the Smart Migration solution, you can reduce migration costs and effort by 50%, while also improving governance and risk management.
- Many organizations have traditional analytics platforms that consist of a variety of tools, which presents integration costs and difficulties. LTIMindtree’s Alcazar for Data Migration is an intelligent modernization accelerator for the Databricks Lakehouse Platform that addresses migration challenges by providing automated solutions for data/schema and ETL. Alcazar’s suite of MLOps accelerators simplifies AI/ML implementation with Databricks, making it easier to develop advanced data science use cases at a greater speed.
- Tredence’s Migration Accelerator leverages standardized practices, methodology, frameworks and accelerators to reduce the overall time-to-value and deliver maximum ROI by helping you quickly and efficiently adopt a lakehouse architecture. Their experience conducting migrations to the Databricks Lakehouse Platform from SAP, Teradata, SAS, Hadoop and EDW/ETL platforms for the world’s leading retailers, along with their portfolio of AI/ML Brickbuilder Solutions, helps you to maximize value and ensure project success.
See more Brickbuilder Solutions
At Databricks, we continue to collaborate with our regional and global consulting partners to enable even more use cases across key industries and migrations. Check out our full set of partner migrations solutions on the Databricks Brickbuilder Solutions page.
Create Brickbuilder Solutions for the Databricks Lakehouse Platform
Brickbuilder Solutions is a key component of the Databricks Partner Program and recognizes partners who have demonstrated a unique ability to offer differentiated lakehouse industry and migration solutions in combination with their knowledge and expertise.
Partners who are interested in learning more about how to create a Brickbuilder Solution are encouraged to email us at [email protected].
*We have collaborated with consulting and system integrator (C&SI) partners to develop industry and migration solutions to address data engineering, data science, machine learning and business analytics use cases.