TeamViewer is a famous German remote access software that provides connectivity to any computer or network from anywhere at any time. It is free-of-charge software that has around 625,000 subscribers.
Launched in 2005, the TeamViewer application allows you to monitor, control, access, repair, support, and manage any device. However, there are a few limitations when it comes to using the free version of the application. Some of them include being unable to add new users and unavailability of features like a blank screen, wake-on-LAN, remote printing, block remote, etc.
These limitations restrict easy access to various features of TeamViewer, leaving customers dissatisfied.
The increasing demand for such remote access software makes people look for TeamViewer alternatives. There are numerous substitutes available in the market.
Here is a list of seven programs to help you access your desktop remotely:
Whether you are looking for a solution for remote support, remote work, or remote lab access, Splashtop is your best TeamViewer alternative. The solution is designed for your specific use case.
Splashtop offers best-in-class, fast, and secure solutions at an affordable rate. It has more than 30+ million users.
Splashtop lets you enjoy the benefit of high performance with top features.
- Fast and secure remote connections
- Drag and drop file transfer
- Remote print
- Session recording
- Multi-to-multi monitor viewing
- Remote reboot
- User management
- Video Editing
- Excellent Customer Support
Why choose Splashtop?
- Deliver excellent customer service, making it easy for you to connect with someone when you require help.
- Unlike TeamViewer, Splashtop lets you cancel your subscription online by logging into your account.
- Users can enjoy top features with greater access than what TeamViewer offers.
- Has achieved a higher customer satisfaction level on peer review sites and third-party reviewers
- Splashtop solutions can be easily installed, used, and administered.
Android, iOS, Mac, Windows
- Free trial for 7 days
- Business Access Solo – US$5/month
- Business Access Pro – US$8.25/month/user
AnyDesk is another well-known alternative that works similarly to TeamViewer. The name itself says AnyDesk, which means you can work, manage, and maintain data from any desktop when needed.
With its size of 3 MB, AnyDesk is software used mainly by professionals to connect remotely with clients and manage their daily tasks.
- Can activate full-screen mode
- The networks can be restricted
- Supports numerous platforms
- Multi-layer security
- Fast interface
- Full mobile support
- Interactive access
- File Manager
- Unattended Access
Windows, Linux, FreeBSD, Windows Server, macOS, Raspberry PI, Android, Chrome OS, iOS
- Free for personal use with access to limited features
- Solo – $14.90
- Standard – $29.90
- Advanced – $79.90
3. Chrome Remote Desktop
Chrome Remote Desktop is an extension that lets you set up remote access from a computer with an active Google Chrome browser. It is free-to-use and open-source software developed by Google.
- The extension provides two different elements- Remote Access and Remote Support.
- Extremely secure and fast platform.
- Can enable full-screen mode.
- It functions even if you are not logged in.
- Allows multiple monitor support
IOS, Android, Mac, Chrome OS, Linux, Windows PC
- Free for all users
- No premium plans
WebEx is a communication platform that enables users worldwide to share their screens with the help of video. It is a powerful remote access software, making it the best option for holding meetings, making presentations, etc.
- Transfer your files with the drag-and-drop option.
- Available in 9 different languages.
- Supports multiple connections at a time
- Flawless video conferencing experience.
Linux, Windows PC, Android, iOS, Mac
- Free trial for 30 days
- Meet Plan – $14.50/license/month
5. Ammyy Admin
Another best TeamViewer alternative is Ammyy Admin. It is a free remote desktop software and remote desktop connection suitable for large companies. Through its remote access, you can efficiently manage large servers and networks.
The excellent part about this software is that it requires zero configuration. There is no need to set up or install any software on your desktop.
- Do not require installation
- File manager feature to let you copy any files between remote setup to your desktop.
- Voice chat service
- Can securely transfer data
- Windows PC, Linus, Android, Web, iOS
- Free for 30 hours per month
- Started v3 – $33.90
- Premium v3 – $66.90
- Corporate v3 – $99.90
6. Zoho Assist
Zoho Assist is a reliable and secure remote connection that is an affordable TeamViewer alternative in the market. It offers an advanced platform designed to fulfill individuals’ business requirements.
- Support cross-platform
- No installation required
- Easy to use
- Enterprise-grade security: AES 256-bit encryption and TLS 1.2
- Rapid implementation and deployment
- Standard – $4.87
- Professional – $7.31
- Enterprise – $11.7
- Standard – $4.87
- Professional – $7.31
7. VNC Connect
VNC Connect is another excellent TeamViewer alternative preferred for commercial and personal use. This remote access solution is password protected with a two-step verification setup.
- You can customize it as per your needs and use.
- Good customer support service
- Top-notch security
- Session recording
- Conference features
- Windows PC, iOS, Android, Linux, Mac
- 14 days free trial period
- Professional – $3.70/month per managed device
- Enterprise – $5.16/month per managed device
- Professional – $16.99/month per user
- Enterprise – $33.49/month per user
In today’s time, remote access support tools have become an important resource for various businesses. For this reason, you can find a variety of remote desktop options.
This post discussed some of the best TeamViewer alternatives. It might be challenging to select one software amongst so many options. Hence you must look for the following features when selecting the best alternative for yourself- reliable, flexible, user-friendly, high data security, trustworthiness, ability to transfer data, high-resolution images, etc. quickly.
Each remote desktop tool has unique features, pricing plans, advantages, and disadvantages. Ultimately, deciding which software will be useful for you depends on your business requirements.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Stay up-to-date with the latest big data news.