Tuesday morning (Sept. 19, 2023), Intel kicked off its third annual developer event, Intel Innovation 2023, virtually and in San Jose, California. During the Day 1 keynote, “Developing the Future of the Siliconomy,” Intel CEO Pat Gelsinger, and a variety of customers, unveiled an array of technologies and applications that bring artificial intelligence everywhere and make it more accessible across all workloads.
Attendees took in a wealth of news and knowledge — spanning hardware, software, chip design, packaging, security and more — all intended to make it easier for developers to create solutions to the world’s biggest challenges and to improve the life of every person on the planet.
- Intel confirmed its aggressive five-nodes-in-four-years process technology plan remains on track, and it demonstrated the world’s first multi-chiplet package using UCIe interconnects.
- Intel announced the Dec. 14 launch of both the 5th Gen Intel® Xeon® processors and Intel® Core™ Ultra processors, underscoring the company’s focus on product innovation and return to consistent execution.
- Pat Gelsinger announced general availability of the Intel® Developer Cloud for building and testing high-performance applications like AI, including the detail that it is already in use by customers.
- The company revealed new details on next-generation Intel® Xeon® processors, including major advances in power efficiency and performance, and an E-core processor with 288 cores.
- o help developers unlock new AI capabilities, the company revealed new and forthcoming Intel software solutions, including the 2023.1 release of the Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ toolkit.
Watch a condensed version of Intel CEO Pat Gelsinger’s Intel Innovation Day 1 keynote:
Greg Lavender, Intel’s chief technology officer, presented the Intel Innovation Day 2 keynote (September 20, 2023) with a focus on how Intel hardware and software work together to accelerate the convergence of artificial intelligence and security:
Sign up for the free insideBIGDATA newsletter.
Join us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/InsideBigData1
Join us on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/insidebigdata/
Join us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/insideBIGDATANOW